Yes, my Dylan is a wild boy, and on Sunday, August 9th, his wild ways finally caught up with him. My baby has broken his arm. My mom, both boys and I arrived in Santa Barbara, CA the day before. We were there mostly to enjoy the wonderful weather (it never got warmer then 72 degrees). Sunday night I was feeding the boys dinner (both sitting on chairs at my grandma's dinning room table) Then I started to clean up. I had just started washing dishes when all of the sudden in the corner of my eye I see Dylan and his chair go tumbling over!! I think he was trying to climb the rails. After about 15 mins of trying to console Dylan, we were off the the emergency room (he was holding his arm and wouldn't let go).
Once we arrived at the emergency room the nurse who checked us in gave Dylan a cute stuffed bear which he loved and just cuddle with while we waited. Every nurse who walked by came in with lots of stickers for Dylan (they were really just trying to see if he would grab anything with his hurt arm, which he wouldn't. Next was x-ray and an exam where we found out his arm was fractured. The doctor told me I didn't need to rush home, just get him to a pediatric orthopedic in about 10 days. As soon as I got home I had an appointment for him the next day so he could get a hard cast. Here I found out that BOTH of Dylan's bones were fractured and that he should have been here the Day after it had happen!! Well, the doctor is still able to fix his little arm, but he will be in a full arm cast for a while. Poor kid!!
My dad is always happy to make the blog :)The boys playing Mario Kart
Last Thursday I thought I would be a fun mom and takes the boys to the mall so they could each build a bear. Then we went to Johnny Rockets for chicken fingers, fries and a chocolate shake.
Santa Barbara Pictures!!
We had a great time is Santa Barbara (my favorite place ever). Thanks mom!!
The best place to eat, the Elephant Bar. The boys loved watching the private plans take off. Dylan would scream "BYE-BYE PLANE!!"
Dylan LOVES ranch dressing, who knew
Jacob is making shark noises in this picture with his new toys

Jacob loved to watch TV from the stairs at night. Every time I would walk by, I would hear his little feet running to his bed.

The boys LOVED being able to play outside. Jacob and I would go swimming everyday while Dylan napped.
6 comments:
ohhh why are little casts sooo sad but so cute to me?! poor kid! He looks happy though!
santa barbara looks really fun!
Poor little guy! But Jeni is right, that cast looks so stinkin cute and boy-ish ;)
Oh - poor little Dylan! Though it never ceases to amaze me how resilient these kids are... ;) California looks like it was incredible. Fantastic pictures!
Oh that's so sad Dylan broke his arm! But that cast is so cute. I just can't believe how big he's gotten. It's been too long!
Ohhh how sad. Justin broke his arm around Dylan's age but it wasn't too bad of a break where he needed a hard cast. That must be so uncomfortable to have a WHOLE arm cast! But it doesn't look like it's slowing him down any. Hope he is feeling better soon.
What a bummer! That elephant Bar looks neat, is that in Santa Barbara (we are going up there in a couple weeks)?
Post a Comment