Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Picture this

Friday evening around 5:45pm

John has gotten home from work and we are all sitting on the floor discussing possible plans for the evening. John falls asleep. Jacob, Dylan and I are sitting by him playing.

10 minutes later

Jacob picks up a screwdriver ( a Phillip's head I think). I immediately ask Jacob to hand it over to me. Jacob says no and I go to grab it, Jacob's arm moves.

2 seconds later

John is suddenly awaken by me screaming MY EYE, MY EYE!! The screwdriver had gone in my eye.

5 minutes later

John had finally calmed me down and convinced me that my eye had not fallen out. I could look in the mirror to see, (this was after John had to look for my fallen eye). I looked and all I saw was blood and that was the end of it.

Well after my eye and surrounding area was good and swollen I headed down to the ER to get it checked out. They told me I had Subconjunctival Hemorrhaging. Oh and I had to get a tetanus shot!! I hate needles. After a follow up check up on Monday (with a shout out to Kyle for watching my kids) I had learned that while my eye was a little bruised, I must have quickly looked away because the screwdriver missed my eye and when into my socket mostly. Live and learn!!
I will be wearing my glasses for a while :(

can you tell he is teething

9 comments:

Allen Family said...

Oh my gosh Jayme. You are so lucky nothing too serious came from that experience! Your eye doesn't even look bad now. I can just picture John waking up and being so disoriented. I would have been freaking out too! Ahhhh! Guess it makes for a good blogging story though.

Ciara & Lyle said...

I had to read that paragraph twice, because for some reason I thought you eye actually DID fall out. Seriously, I would have FREAKED out. You're a sport. Did Jacob learn his lesson? No more playing with the screwdriver? CRAZY. Hope you're feeling better!

Jeni said...

At least he is super cute!! But really ouch. I am so so glad you are ok. I hate when stuff like that happens. i am a bad mom and immediately would yell at my kids. You didn't add that into your story so I will just assume you are a better momma than me!

jayme said...

Oh no, in the middle of everything I told John "YOU BETTER PUNISH HIM!! :) Poor kid lost ALL of his toys.

BrittanyB said...

Oh Jaymes!! That's awful, my eye hurts just reading about it. I hope it doesn't hurt still.

Jeni Everett said...

Jayme,
Your eye looks so much better! You will never forget having John look for your eye on the floor. Memories:)

The Hartle's said...

Yikes! That makes me hurt just thinking about it! Your poor thing! Hope you feel better!

Melissa Braegger said...

I still can't believe that-you were blessed not to have had a more serious injury. I hardly noticed anything when I saw you on Friday so I'm sure by now it is almost gone:)

Tami said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds awful!! I am so glad that you are okay. The whole time I was reading your story I kept wondering if it was an april fools joke. Bummer that it was realy. I hope that your eye is all better soon!