Tuesday, August 6, 2013

1st Day of School

I feel like school starts earlier and earlier every year.  This year was a little more stressful as well since Dylan was starting kindergarten.  Well lucky for me about a week before school started I got a phone call from the school informing me that Jacob's first grade teacher was now teaching 2nd grade.  She had requested Jacob to be in her class.  This was great news.  I really liked her!  Plus Jacob already knew her so I didn't have to worry about him being as nervous for the first day.  
 
 
 
Here is the traditional first day of school picture
. Dylan in kindergarten and Jacob in 2nd grade.  I was worried about Dylan's arm!
 
 
John took Jacob to his class and I stayed with Dylan.  He was not as nervous as I thought he would be.  which was a blessing.  No tears!  One of his friends from church was having a hard time saying good bye to his mom.  In fact, as she was walking out he cried after her "mom, don't leave me."  A little funny and sad. :-) 

 
 
Walking too class.
 

 
I had to pick him up a few hours later to take him to the doctor.  I think Jacob was a little more excited to be leaving early then Dylan was. 
Second day of school!  It was pouring rain.  Dylan insisted on walking to class.  So I put a rain coat on him to cover him arm. 


No comments: