Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dylan Update!

Dylan had his cast removed in Arizona exactly 6 weeks and 4 days from the time he fell on a hill in grass.  It was a Monday afternoon.  He had it X-rayed again only to find that it was never broken in the first place.  Sweet! As soon as we left the Doctors office Dylan requested to go swimming.  He wanted to spend the rest of his summer in the pool.  Little did we know...
 
 
The following Wednesday, John had to leave for Tucson.  We usually go with him, but we had back to school night the following day.  Since Dylan was starting kindergarten I wanted him to meet his teacher and see his classroom.  Anyway, Thursday night all the kids ended up in my bed.  Around 2am Ryan started moving around and somehow pushed Dylan off my bed.  I immediately run over to Dylan to find him sobbing.  I thought he was just mad he had fallen out of bed.
  Well he never went back to sleep.  I kept on waiting to take him in to see the doctor because is was still early in the morning and I didn't know how I was going to take all my kids to urgent care.  Plus he had JUST had a cast taken off his other arm!  Well I gave Dylan some medicine and took him to meet his teacher.  After I took Dylan to the mall to meet up with my mom and show her his arm.  I though Dylan was over reacting, After all he just got a cast off. 
Well since John was out of town I met my parents for dinner.  After my dad saw Dylan he told we to go home, he would follow and watch my kids while I took Dylan to Urgent care.  So I took him in.. 
 
Dylan was a mess by now.  I was feeling terrible for not taking him in earlier.  As soon as they showed me the x-ray you could clearly see two little fractures.  One in each bone, right be his wrist.  Luckily this meant the break was by his growth plate so it will heal.  When they asked me if I needed to name of a pediatric orthopedic I laughed a little.
I called the doctor the following day.  It was Friday, Dylan started his first day of school the following Monday and I wanted a hard cast on ASAP.  Well because of swelling I had to wait until Monday to get his cast on.  I told his teacher and he said to send him anyway. 
 

 
Thank goodness for Scooby-doo!
 
No more swimming for Dylan!  At least for 6 more weeks.   Also during all of this Jack turned 8 moths.  He started to army crawl of six  months.  While we were in Washington.  I thought for sure he would walk early.  Little did I know.  :-)
 


No comments: